Old February 28th 11, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

On 2011\02\28 17:08, Paul Corfield wrote:

Watching a clip from ITV local news the Mayor said the new link will
allow people from Highbury to reach Stratford - err ........ !

The shocking part of this is that he used to live about 250 metres
from H&I. I'm guessing he's not a rail travel sort of guy.

Well even if he was, he'd think of Stratford as being on the end of the
Overground line from H&I. It's only now that new destinations to the
south have become available.