Old February 28th 11, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wheatley Ken Wheatley is offline

Default Stansted Express / Tottenham Hale

On 2011-02-28 15:01:49 +0000, Paul said:

On Feb 28, 2:24*pm, Jim [wake wrote:
In article ,
says...

It doesn't keep local passengers off the trains. I use the Stansted
Express all the time to get fron Liverpool Street to Tottenham Hale,
and vice versa. Incidentally, when you get on the train the automated
announcement says "..Welcome to the Stansted Express, this train calls
at Tottenham Hale......"

Tottenham Hale is not shown on the departure boards at Liverpool
Street to discourage local passengers, but it doesn't work and no
attempt is made to enforce this rule.

When an up Stansted Express calls at Tottenham Hale it is announced as
being for Liverpool St, so travel on the SE in that direction is hardly
discouraged.

I see to have a vague memory of real efforts being made to discourage
LS - TH only travel (and vv) when the service first started, presumably
to maintain the nice, tidy state of the empty class 322s then in use.
Now I suspect the only reason the restriction exists is because it
always has, unless it's because of ORCATS rules (yes, I know it's all a
single operator at the moment) or a BAA subsidy requirement.