Old February 6th 04, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Queenstown Road

The sign above the abandoned ticket
office window read 'Southern' and the sign outside on street level
read 'London and South Western Railway'.

I hope you're not suggesting these should be ripped out and replaced
with "South West Trains" (until the franchise changes). There's no harm
in a bit of history being retained.

That's not saying the station should not be refurbished!

Or, even worse, replaced with an ugly new facile logo I have seen defacing
stations around London: "Overground Network". I have to confess, the first few
times I saw this ugly"ON" logo I thought it was an advert for a new mobile
'phone company (e.g. "Orange Network")!

"Overground Network" - just how stupid do the operators (whoever they happen to
be this week, as opposed to last week and next week) think we are. And, they
are spening MONEY on this idiocy!

Marc.