Old March 2nd 11, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Pram Rage Incident

d gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Don't be daft, man. It's plain bloody English.

Its also meaningless because theres no such thing as "unreasonable
doubt". If anyone has a doubt then to them its not unreasonable.

So the 9/11 "truthers" and holocaust deniers are merely exercising
reasonable doubt?

From their point of view perhaps, not from anyone elses.

So they would, or wouldn't fail "beyond reasonable doubt"?

I've explained everything well enough for anyone with a working brain to
understand. I'm not getting into yet another some pointless circular
argument with you.

The only pointless circularity in this subthread is you trying
desperately to avoid admitting you've dug yourself another hole.

Beyond reasonable doubt simply means no doubt at all.

So how come you're arguing in favour of a stronger test?

*sigh*. Logically thats what "beyond reasonable doubt" means but what
the court means is "only a tiny amount of doubt".

So what you're saying is that the legal test is "beyond reasonable
doubt", and that you're happy that that's a perfectly plain English
language phrase - but it's just not what they actually mean?