Old February 7th 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
dave F dave   F is offline

Default My train is on fire!

Boltar wrote in message
om...
"dave F" wrote in message

I used to travel on the Northern line for many years ago and that sort

of
thing occurred almost every 3 months!

One occasion I had to knock on the drivers door to tell him the train

was on
fire and he replied "Bloody hell!". I can laugh about it now but at the

time
I was sharing the carriage with a mother who had a baby in a pram and

when
you actually see a flame its not at all nice.

You have to wonder what would (does?) happen if some of the newspaper &

tissues
etc that people drop around the system were to get lodged in some hot

traction
equipment. I imagine this could be quite likely to happen in a tunnel

section.

B2003

Not only that hair and skin! They usually send a squad down each tunnel at
night to basically hand pick all of the rubbish that seems to build up in
the tunnels.

daveF