Old March 8th 11, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
George George is offline

Default Is it too much to expect buses to actually stop at bus stops?

I believe some new arrangements were made regarding bus stops
recently, although there seems to be all sorts of confusion about what
exactly these arrangements are.

The problem of buses not stopping when they should (mainly a Central
London problem) seems to be worse than ever, I was in Central London
on Sunday and without particularly looking for such instances I saw
three examples of buses not stopping at compulsory stops despite the
fact that passengers were at the stop and clearly wished to board the
bus in question.

Unless anybody know otherwise the worst stop for this appears to be
the n/b stop in Park Lane near Speakers Corner, buses towards Oxford
Street need to move out into the outside lane and some drivers clearly
think this is a good reason to miss out that stop.

Oh well that's another e mail winging its way to
TfL..................you never know I might actually get a reply
before the month is out!