Old March 8th 11, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Carto Metro London Underground etc.Map

In article ,

*From:*

*Date:* Tue, 08 Mar 2011 05:59:34 -0600

In article ,

*From:*

*Date:* Tue, 08 Mar 2011 05:36:35 -0600

In article ,
() wrote:

Canonbury's now sorted,

Not that I can see. it still shows as from Southbound GNC to
Eastbound NLL.

I've checked W&C and the lift siding still appears to be there
(probably as an engineers siding) - it's shown as no.8 siding

on the map. That doesn't make sense to me. No 8 siding is
shown within the depot area on the map I'm looking at. The

siding to the lift went off straight ahead on the approach to the
station from Bank about where the curve to the right into the
Waterloo platforms starts.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Sorry, I meant to say that Franklin has now updated Canonbury and
this will be shown correctly when the next version of the map is
uploaded.

Reading Wiki, I see what you mean about the position of the lift
siding. I don't know anything about the arrangements at Waterloo
depot. What I was referring to was shown as "lift siding" on one
diagram and "8 siding" on another diagram, so I just assumed that 8
siding was the siding you were referring to. I'll have to try and
Google around to see if I can find a diagram showing the lift
siding connection so that I can pass it on to Franklin.

Roger

I've now found out why 8 road is now also called the lift road. Since the
closure of the Armstrong lift, the cars are lifted by crane directly from
8 road. The track of 8 road can be seen in Google Earth in the 'V'
junction between Spur Road and Station Approach Road. Something else new
that I've learnt :-)

Roger