Old March 8th 11, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Is it too much to expect buses to actually stop at bus stops?

In message
,
George writes

I believe some new arrangements were made regarding bus stops
recently, although there seems to be all sorts of confusion about what
exactly these arrangements are.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques..._at_compulsory

I can hardly believe I've read it correctly, but it seems to say that
TfL are standardizing on the "compulsory" flag, at which passengers must
always request the bus to stop.

"We did not publicise the change as research indicated that very few
passengers would be changing their normal practice of hailing and
ringing the bell."

Presumably the research didn't include those I see on almost every bus
journey who signal the bus too late (either with a V sign or an angry
fist) as it sails straight pass compulsory bus stops where people
obviously *were* waiting to board.

--
Paul Terry