Old February 7th 04, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Oyster Fault

In message , Steve
writes
Barry Salter wrote in
:

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:17:08 -0000, "Edward Cowling"
wrote:

Judging by the cursing and moaning I think there are
more than a few teething problems with Oyster.

Or teething problems with Oyster users who aren't touching their card to
the reader at both ends of their journey, regardless of whether or not
the gates are open, and ending up with unresolved journeys?

Thie excuse was tried on with me; the problem being is that when a get
tells me to seek assistance I can go to another gate and it will open; so
if your excuse is true then the system should not let me out; oh and there
are all the posted telling us to touch in and out - for prepay.

Look at the error code which shows with the Seek Assistance message; 70,
71, 94 all mean there's some sort of communication error. 21 and 22
(double exit/entrance attempted) often come up for no apparent reason
too.
If you are concerned about touching the reader again (Pre pay) then ask
someone to read the card on a MMF or with a hand-held device.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.