Old March 9th 11, 07:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Peter is offline

Default Is it too much to expect buses to actually stop at bus stops?

This is the most recent response I have received (albeit almost two
years ago now) on this topic ....

"Thank you for contacting London Buses, regarding a route 345 bus
driver, who failed to stop for you at 0822 hours at the end of
Coldharbour Lane, heading towards Camberwell on 17 March 2009.

"All drivers trained by London General undergo a thorough and
intensive training programme, which includes a strong emphasis on
customer care. Carrying passengers to their destinations is, after
all, the very nature of the service that we provide and we expect our
staff to do so in a safe, courteous and caring manner.

"During training, drivers are instructed to stop at all white
compulsory stops and to be fully alert and aware of passengers wishing
to board at red request stops. I am sorry you have had reason to
report the contrary on this occasion."

The implication appears to be that the distinction between compulsory
and request stops remains, despite its absence from any TfL
publicity. But there is clearly no enthusiasm from TfL to enforce
it. Writing letters of complaint elicit a polite reply, like the one
above, followed by an assurance that action has been taken, but
nothing ever changes.

peter