Old March 11th 11, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Is it too much to expect buses to actually stop at bus stops?

On 2011\03\11 16:38, Ian Jelf wrote:
In message , Arthur
Figgis writes
When I was little in Hull, ringing the bell to get off was considered
what would now be called anti-social behaviour. You were supposed to
go and stand by the door waiting to get off (no middle exit).

Yes, I remember in about 1980 being told off by the driver of a WMPTE
Leyland National for ringing the bell when I wanted to get off.

"You don't need to use that any more, "he told me "non now it's a One
Man Bus". I resisted the temptation to tell him that the vehicle
concerned had never been anything else.......

I wonder why they didn't take the fuse out of the bells?