Old March 11th 11, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default Is it too much to expect buses to actually stop at bus stops?

In article ,
Arthur Figgis wrote:

Last year I had a bus driver in Germany get very rude in two languages
because I had put my arm out.

Interesting - I'd somehow thought Germany was a put-arm-out country.
Maybe I'm wrong about the whole continental Europe thing then, I dunno
now.

When I was little in Hull, ringing the bell to get off was considered
what would now be called anti-social behaviour. You were supposed to go
and stand by the door waiting to get off (no middle exit).

When I grew up in Greater Manchester that was normal practice.
Ringing the bell was reserved for elderly people who didn't want to
get up until the bus had stopped.

-roy