Old March 11th 11, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
john b john b is offline

Default London Buses Run By The RATP

On Mar 12, 8:01*am, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Mizter T wrote:
RATP London United will continue providing bus services under (quite
tightly specified) contract to TfL, just as Abellio - owned by
Nederlandse Spoorwegen (the Dutch railway company, wholly state owned) -
and Arriva - owned by Deutsche Bahn (again wholly state owned) - also
do.

Of course, we mustn't forget our own Network Rail's many highly profitable
forays into applying their considerable professional expertise overseas.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Missing the gag here. NR's job is to own & maintain the GB rail
infrastructure, not run transport services, so it's not surprising it
doesn't operate buses in France.

Many UK-based train companies have been successful (or at least,
profitable) at running public transport overseas - Stagecoach, First
and NEG all do, and Arriva did well enough that Deutsche Bahn paid two
billion euros for them and put Arriva management in charge of all its
international operations.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org