Old March 17th 11, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Stones Thrown At Central Line Train

"Kenny" wrote:

Paul writes
Saw this on the BBC news.

From the article-
"An investigation has been launched and officers are working to establish
the full circumstances surrounding the incidents, including establishing
exactly what was used to smash the windows."

I'll save them the bother. Some kids threw stones (does it really matter?)
at the train, some windows were broken. Perhaps if they tried to catch the
culprits and dealt with them severely rather than the usual slap on the
wrist, the little b*****ds might learn...

Aha, well see Paul Terry's response re use of an air rifle. (I've been in a
bus when the window next to me suddenly smashed - gave me a pretty big jump!
The cause was a pellet from an air rifle. The driver couldn't have been less
surprised when I went up and told him - I'll add that didn't happen in
London.)

As a wider comment re stone throwing, I do wonder how well such things are
dealt with given the respective responsibilities of the BTP and the local
plod - both in terms of an immediate response, and also subsequent
investigation.