Old March 21st 11, 07:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Olympics travelcards and out boundary?

On Mar 21, 7:02*pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

The Olympics Ticketing website
http://www.tickets.london2012.com/ve...rt.html#t1says

"Spectators with tickets for Games events in London will receive a Games
travelcard to use on public transport in London on the day of their event..

This will include London Underground (Tube), London Overground rail, DLR,
bus, tram and some national rail services but not the Heathrow, Stansted or
Gatwick Express trains or taxis."

Which very nearly sounds like the Travelcard we all know and love but just
maybe isn't (some national rail services?).

I think the point is that it'll also include travel on the (national
rail) Javelin service (St P - Stratford - Ebbsfleet) - yes the above
para isn't clear, but my understanding is that it'll be like a regular
Day Travelcard with some extra magic (Javelin plus the various Olympic
bus services).

Be that as it may, if I'm coming from an outboundary point (probably
Maidenhead but possibly Castle Cary) I might expect to buy a ticket to
BZ6(?). * I've never seen an advance ticket Castle Cary to BZ6 (sorry, I'm
being facetious) but does anyone know if the boundaries and rules regarding
how tickets butt up against one another will work with games travelcards?

No such thing as a ticket from point x to Boundary Zone 6 except as
part of a return starting from London.