Old March 21st 11, 08:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Olympics travelcards and out boundary?

On Mar 21, 9:07*pm, "John Salmon" wrote:
[snip]
Note that applicants are being told it's a Zones 1-9 Travelcard:

"Spectators with tickets for Games events in London will receive a Games
travelcard for zones 1-9 to use on public transport in London on the day of
their event. This will include London Underground (Tube), London Overground
rail, DLR, bus, tram and some national rail services."

I sent this message to them: "You indicate that a Z1-9 travelcard will be
issued to spectators with tickets. Travelcards don't normally include the
High Speed trains from St Pancras to Stratford and beyond. Are these trains
included, and if so from how far out from London?"...

... and I received this reply:

"Dear John,
Thank you for your enquiry.
As your enquiry is not related to ticketing, we have passed it onto the
enquiries team who will be in touch with you soon."

That was on the 10th March. I am awaiting developments...

Worth remembering that Javelin in a rail transport context is a
trademark of the BOA (no. 2397248, covers classes 12 and 39), and was
registered to cover the special train service during Games time.

The Javelin service from St Pancras - Stratford - Ebbsfleet was and
remains a pivotal part of the overall games transport plan. It's not
clear how much of the SE Highspeed service will run during the games,
but the Javelin service will take priority. In this context I have
every expectation that the Games Travelcard will cover travel on the
Javelin - my understanding is that it will.