Old July 16th 03, 04:11 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ian G Batten Ian G Batten is offline

Default the quest for safety

In article ,
Richard wrote:
My own situation is that for my jobs and studies I have had to travel across
the country (very extensively and frequently).

You don't _have_ to. You _choose_ to. Arguing that a lifestyle which
only operates because of cars justifies using cars is circular, and
people are quick to jump on Huge (say) with that very point. You could
study elsewhere. You could get a job stacking shelves.

Due to the current state of public transport there are some journeys I have
to make by car.

You don't have to make them. Or does someone have a gun pointed to your
head?

Neither does this stop me from arguing that the current road laws should be
enforced.

So you're the one driver who never speeds. How long have you been
driving? Are you claiming that from now until your death you will
_never_ cause an accident? Ah, arrogance.

ian