Old February 8th 04, 12:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Rees Matthew Rees is offline

Default Oyster cards and one day travelcards.

Ian Tindale wrote:
For me, one of the most useful things I was expecting Oyster to offer was
the immediate purchase from home of a one day travelcard.

snip

Oyster seems geared for the people who buy long period seasons, e.g.
annual, rather than for the clued up Londoner who buys a mix of tickets
during the year.

My monthly ticket expires next Wednesday and I am on holiday (half term)
the following week. Ideally I would like to buy two 1 day travel cards
for the Thursday and Friday (my journey starts on a bus so I need to buy
in advance) and a new monthly from the Monday when I get back. But I
cannot buy the one day tickets and my new monthly is not available for
collection until the middle of my holiday!

Oyster is brilliant but it has clearly been designed by the usual IT
geeks and does not yet meet the real needs of Londoners.

Matthew
Regular user of the 65 bus to Richmond, NR to Vauxhall and tube to Brixton