Old February 8th 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Tindale Ian Tindale is offline

Default Oyster cards and one day travelcards.

Dave Arquati wrote:

You need to do a Google search on this newsgroup before ranting - try
Oyster and "Day Travelcard", or better yet, "price capping". Price
capping does exactly what you asked and should be coming online sometime
next month.

I did do a google search. Then I ranted. In that order. I searched for the
quoted title of this post and found nothing (although you'd find this
thread now). Should've broken it down into components I suppose. The term
"price capping" is not something I would've searched for, as it's not a
phrase I would have used in association with this topic - this is the first
time I've heard it used. Sounds hopeful though. Onward March.

I wonder what the rules will say about passing one day travelcards among
people in the same sense that you can pass a pre-pay oyster between people
legitimately now. In other words, if ten of you turn up at the ticket gates
and decide, now, that you'll all use the one pre-pay oyster card in
someones possession, that's perfectly legit, and the gate staff must surely
smile on that.

If however, the one day travelcard (or hatting, or whatever you called it,
no, it wasn't so posh - capping, yes, that's it) mechanism were in place,
after a few people had entered, you're all now effectively sharing a one
day travelcard for the rest of the day. Or is there some restriction on
multiple entries that might have to swing into place when this bonneting
scheme occurs?

--
Ian Tindale