Old April 2nd 11, 08:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default Fire at Highbury and Islington

Well that was a bit scary. Arrived at the station on a southbound Victoria Line train, and shortly afterwards the Inspector Sands announcement started, and then almost immediately changed to an evacuate message (which I think happens automatically in response to multiple fire alarm activations). Some people ahead started running, and I realised with some concern into a smokefilled passage! Not wanting to be left behind I continued ahead, and fortunately by the bottom of the escalators the air was clear.

Ai the concourse there were two LUL staff fiddling with the fire alarm panel so I told them the fire was real and there was lots of smoke.

I hope everyone got out without mishap.

roy