Old April 3rd 11, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default More on the Latchmere Curve parly train

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message , at
09:07:55 on Sun, 3 Apr 2011, Neil Williams
remarked:
But why would any bus journey variant only run on the fifth Tuesday
of a month? Seems utterly perverse.

It's a local volunteer-run community minibus

So maybe it did run last week, but the journalist failed to recognise
it (if he was looking for a conventional bus).

That's happened to me a few times (generally overseas) where a shuttle
(or transfer) "bus" has been difficult to spot unless you know what
you are looking for.

I think Simon Calder is pretty savvy, and wouldn't have missed it if it
did run. The fact that he knew about it at all suggests he also knew
what to look for. And as he was ready with his bike, I also suspect he
knew it wouldn't turn up. Given how seldom it's supposed to run, I
wonder if it actually runs at all. Who else would notice if it didn't?