Old April 3rd 11, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default "Transport for London cuts £7.6bn from budget"

Robin9 wrote:
Does Boris Johnson realise that some of TfL's activities contradict his
declared policies? I don't know. We have here a classical fools or
knaves situation. Either Boris Johnson is as big a liar as Ken
Livingston and does not at all intend to carry out his declared policies
of smoothing London's traffic flow and reducing air pollution or he is
an utter fool who simply does not know what is going on.

A bit of both. His pre-election promises mean absolutely nothing to
him, which is why so many have been reversed or simply forgotten. He
simply doesn't have the grasp of detail that a Mayor needs in order to
"know what is going on".

Overall, he is hopeless. I'm no Livingstone fan but Ken was a far
better and more effective Mayor than Boris ever could be.

I preferred Steven Norris to Boris as a candidate, but after he was
defeated twice it was always apparent that Boris had a better chance
of beating Ken.