Old April 4th 11, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default "Transport for London cuts £7.6bn from budget"

On 2011\04\03 11:08, Robin9 wrote:

I'm well aware that Boris Johnson is nominal head of TfL. Indeed I once
heard him declare on Vanessa Feltz's radio programme "I am TfL." I am
also aware that frequently in sizable organisations some staff members
have their own agenda while pretending to be be loyal and conscientious.
This doesn't happen only in politics and public administration. I've
come across it several times within commercial organisations.

It is indisputable that some of TfL's activities concerning London's
roads are at variance with some of Boris Johnson's declared policies.
For example, in his introduction to the new TfL business plan Boris
Johnson writes about ripping out many of London's (innumerable)
unnecessary traffic lights. Off-hand I can't think of any location where
traffic lights have been removed

Fortune Green Road / Mill Lane, lights removed about a fortnight ago.
At Summers Lane / A1000, an avoiding slip was put in about a year ago
allowing some traffic to bypass the lights.