Old April 4th 11, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Artic trains

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"peter" wrote in message

True .. but I HATE lateral seating. I like to be able to see out of
the window without turning my neck through 180 degrees!

I was pleasantly surprised the other day to find the new trains on
the Goblin line did not follow this plan.

I believe they only have a conventional layout so that they can be
transferred elsewhere in the country if the line is electrified. So
expect to see the normal LO style 378 if they are ever replaced...

Yup, I believe that the 172s are hoped to be moved to Chiltern at some
stage, and would then surely be replaced by more 378s.