Old April 4th 11, 08:21 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil Jet[_2_] View Post
Fortune Green Road / Mill Lane, lights removed about a fortnight ago.
At Summers Lane / A1000, an avoiding slip was put in about a year ago
allowing some traffic to bypass the lights.
Ah yes! Thank you. I was in Fortune Green Road recently and I walked up there because I wanted to use the W. C. - which has been closed! I did notice that the lights were no longer there but the penny didn't drop because it was so long since I had been there and I remembered how it was before they installed those completely unnecessary lights.

I'll have a look at the Summers Lane junction. I'm pleased progress has been made. The London Borough Of Barnet was one of TfL's most determined opponents before Boris arrived. I hope they have as thorough a clear out of unnecessary lights as they did of speed humps and expanded pavements. Brian Coleman is of course a colleague of Boris Johnson