Old February 8th 04, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stevie Stevie is offline

Default Oyster cards and one day travelcards.

Paul Corfield wrote:
But capping will work against the LT Card price and not One Day
Travelcards. It cannot work to ODTC prices and validity because there
would have to be validators / gates at every National Rail station in
the zonal area. These don't exist so therefore if you lived in an area
exclusively served by NR trains you would have no way in which to
register your trips and therefore contribute to your daily total of
rides that would be capped at the One Day Travelcard price.

It took me a long time to "click" that the LT Card price would be
trigger for the daily cap and not the One Day Travelcard.

But you can't use Pre-pay on the majority of rail journeys within London
anyway (just 10 or so specific ones like Marylebone up to Amersham).
It's currently only offically valid on tube and DLR. It also looks like
it's starting to work on buses as well.

Does anyone know if there are plans to roll out the validators to all
the national rail stations across London? As I live in the South East,
I'm kinda not getting the best use out of my pre-pay.

And, incidentally, although I don't think it's listed as one of the rail
routes you can use pre-pay on, does anyone know if it's valid from
Charing Cross to those stations which do have gates (but not inbetween).
i.e. London Bridge, New Cross/New Cross Gate, Woolwich Arsenal, East
Croydon?.