Old April 5th 11, 08:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default Getting to your destination when last train cancelled (was: Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again)

In article ,
Chris wrote:
TOCs have to get you to your destination if you arrive in
good time for a train that would have taken you there...so there's NO
risk of getting dumped overnight *providing* you don't wander away
from the station for too long - you might miss the only train to go to
where you want to be. REfreshments withinn the station are fine.

Interesting. I knew that the railway would assist if you miss the
last connection or, indeed, if there is a very long wait before the
next connection (is the cutoff 2 hours or some such).

But if your train fails to actually depart from the station you are
ticketed to travel from, are you saying the same applies? That's
useful information if so - I'd somehow always thought that in that
case all you were entitled to was a refund. Maybe the refund case
only applies to delays (where it's your choice whether to wait, or to
choose not to travel) but cancelled last trains are subject to
different arrangements?

-roy