Old April 5th 11, 10:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
W14_Fishbourne W14_Fishbourne is offline

Default Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

On 5 Apr, 15:55, Neil Williams wrote:

Staff at the station are not dealing with the deceased, that's the
BTP's job. *Staff at the station are dealing with severe disruption,
the reason for which is in many ways irrelevant.

An FGW manager from Paddington might well have had to go to Southall
to deal with matters there and that would involve dealing with the
deceased. Let's not pussyfoot around here. We're not just talking
about BTP going along and picking up a fairly intact body. When
someone gets hit by a train at speed - 60mph is quite enough, let
alone 125, the body totally disintegrates. I never had to deal with
such a situation during my railway career, for which I will be
eternally grateful, but colleagues had to (one had to deal with three
fatalities in little over a month) and very often that involved
getting in the fire brigade to hose down the station before it could
be reopened.