Old April 6th 11, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default More on the Latchmere Curve parly train

wrote in message

Despite there being three other people on the platform, I managed to get a
seat on the empty four car unit when it arrived! I'd intended getting off
at Imperial Wharf, but then found it was fast to Olympia. After sitting
outside Olympia for 4-5 minutes, the train terminated in the SB platform,
where it became a stopper to Clapham Junction. It then formed the 16:34
back to Clapham Junction where it then went back to Olympia, so I don't
know if this train just comes out of depot to do a PM peak shuttle
service.

It is the same 455 diagram that does the morning peak 'short workings' on
the south of the WLL, finishing with the down service to Wandsworth Rd. It
has a break at Selhurst depot over the mid-day period, so the implication is
that it would run empty to Selhurst anyway if the parly wasn't required. I
guess as SN are DOO in the metro area the extra costs of running in
passenger servcie are fairly trivial.

Paul S