Old April 7th 11, 08:51 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:51:24 +0100
Chris Tolley (ukonline really) wrote:
Well unless you're suggesting that ALL spouses are effectively kidnapped
and brought here then that example is ********. Sure, there are some but
we're not talking about them.

How do you know we are not talking about people in corresponding
situations? I was.

Well they're not very common are they? Or are you suggesting a large
proportion of immigrant wives are held against their will?
And there are plenty who are not in that situation who can barely
speak the language. Whats their excuse? I know someone who's mother has
lived over here since before I was born yet she still speaks english like
someone who's done a weeks beginners course and no more. She is in no
way held prisoner since her husband buggered off years ago. She's just
****ing lazy and expects her kids to do everything for her including
translation.

government through our taxes. In other places, if you don't arrive at
the school gate with the requisite daily fee in your hand, you don't get
an education.

Which particular places then? Not in india or pakistan AFAIK.

i went. Stop trying to excuse lazyness or are you going to say that
all the ex-pat Brits in the costas who can't be arsed to learn
spanish also have a good excuse not to bother?

No, because one of my talents is sticking to the point, no matter how
much obfuscation comes along.

My point ,which you obviously didn't have the mental horsepower to
comprehend is that if people can get away without bothering to learn
a language they will. Its nothing to do with social situation or money, its just
lazyness.

B2003