Old April 7th 11, 11:21 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

On 07/04/2011 09:48, Ian wrote:
"Graeme wrote in message
On 06/04/2011 20:44, Ian wrote:
At Gatwick, three of us coach drivers had instructions to take a
load
to Stansted. Being haemophrenic types, we decided one would do M25
anticlockwise, one M25 clockwise, and one (me ) through the middle
of
London. (to see which was quickest - traffic was light, it was now
the
small hours).

Going through the Victoria area aiming towards Park Lane, there was
nearly a riot from the passengers.... "There's the bloody hotel we
left 24 hours ago!!!!!"

OK, who was quickest?

AISTR, there wasn't very much in it between centre of London and
clockwise route.

Anticlockwise was rather longer.

But he did decide to stop for half an hour at Clackett Lane.

Some years ago a colleague and I were driving back from Snetterton
circuit via the M11. We'd arranged to meet at a pub in Southampton.[1]
I went south round the M25, he went north. I got to the pub 10
minutes before he did.

[1] ob Railway, The Dolphin by St Denys Station.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail