Old February 8th 04, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
juvenal juvenal is offline

Default Hayes (Kent) line

"The Only Living Boy in New Cross" wrote in
message om...
"juvenal" wrote in message

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
m...

Not now the SRA control SET!! All trains will now go to/from Cannon
Street with NOTHING to Charing Cross, not even in the peaks! Looking
at the other cuts, the medway valley line having 2 of its stations
reduced to 1 train PER WEEK, a lot of stations getting cuts in
service, it all indicates to me the SRA basically want to close down
the whole SET!

Do you have any further info on this? It will certainly make a big
difference to my own journeys.

There was a proposal some time ago for lots of services to terminate
at Cannon Street, and generally regularise services, so that instead
of stations having many different possible destinations (e.g. trains
from Lewisham can go to Cannon Street, Blackfriars, Charing Cross or
Victoria), they would only have one destination all day. The Hayes
and Greenwich lines were all going to terminate at Cannon Street. No
idea what became of this proposal, though; I didn't realise it was
still live until I saw that post. It might also have had something to
do with Thameslink 3000-if-you're-lucky.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! You aren't, by any chance, a luminary of a certain newspaper
talkboard?