Old April 11th 11, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Heightened Security & Photography

wrote:

Railist wrote:

Then I found this:
https://custserv.tfl.gov.uk/icss_csi...ewTabtext=Tube

Taking photographs on the Tube
If you are just passing through, you shouldn't have a problem taking
personal snaps, souvenir shots etc. although you must NOT use flash or
lights on any of our platforms. However, if you want to spend more
than 10-15 minutes at any one station videoing or taking photos, or if
they are for professional use, you MUST have a permit.

TfL seems to have taken that page down since you posted the link to
it, although it is still available in Google's cache for now:
[snip massive URL]
or
http://tinyurl.com/Tube-Photo-Rule-Cache

The fact that TfL is secretly trying to hide or remove its more
helpful rules like this is proof that it, like all public transport
organisations, is full of evil, sadistic *******s who like nothing
more than any flimsy excuse to make their unlucky customers suffer as
much as possible.

No Pippa, it's because the 'custserv' system which is used for the FAQ
section on the TfL website uses dynamic URLs or somesuch which can't be used
to directly hyperlink to particular FAQs - less than ideal, I fully grant
you, however the TfL webmaster is not sitting and monitoring discussion on
usenet or traffic flow to particular webpages and then taking them down when
they get mentioned or get too popular.

Sorry, I realise that doesn't follow the script of abject paranoia. Let me
try again...

Yes Pippa, it's hard to believe it but it seems you've finally found proof
that operatives sit in the TfL Lair Of Doom buried deep under London looking
for ways to purposefully frustrate everyone - they monitor all
communications, and are perpetually tinkering with things so as to cause
frustration so as to please their twisted psyches. Even when you do
encounter supposed helpfulness, if you look deep into their eyes you'll see
the tell tale giveaway signs that they aren't like you or I, but are in fact
lizards, who exist here on earth to fulfill some devilish masterplan so
obscure and unfathomable that we can merely wonder and shudder at their
fundamental evil.

On a lighter note, have you met Boltar? I reckon you two would get on
famously.