Old April 11th 11, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] pippa.moran@gmail.com is offline

Default Heightened Security & Photography

Mizter T wrote:

wrote:

Railist wrote:

Then I found this:
https://custserv.tfl.gov.uk/icss_csi...ewTabtext=Tube

TfL seems to have taken that page down since you posted the link to
it, although it is still available in Google's cache for now:
[snip massive URL]
or
http://tinyurl.com/Tube-Photo-Rule-Cache

The fact that TfL is secretly trying to hide or remove its more
helpful rules like this is proof that it, like all public transport
organisations, is full of evil, sadistic *******s who like nothing
more than any flimsy excuse to make their unlucky customers suffer as
much as possible.

No Pippa, it's because the 'custserv' system which is used for the FAQ
section on the TfL website uses dynamic URLs or somesuch which can't be used
to directly hyperlink to particular FAQs

Interesting. Thanks for that.

Of course, the real question is why TfL goes out of its way to use a
system that automatically hides/changes URLs all the time? What is it
trying to hide?

- less than ideal, I fully grant
you, however the TfL webmaster is not sitting and monitoring discussion on
usenet or traffic flow to particular webpages and then taking them down when
they get mentioned or get too popular.

Well, of course, if the system has been set up to hide webpages from
people automatically, then obviously the webmaster doesn't need to do
it himself.

Sorry, I realise that doesn't follow the script of abject paranoia. Let me
try again...

Yes Pippa, it's hard to believe it but it seems you've finally found proof
that operatives sit in the TfL Lair Of Doom buried deep under London looking
for ways to purposefully frustrate everyone - they monitor all
communications, and are perpetually tinkering with things so as to cause
frustration so as to please their twisted psyches. Even when you do
encounter supposed helpfulness, if you look deep into their eyes you'll see
the tell tale giveaway signs that they aren't like you or I, but are in fact
lizards, who exist here on earth to fulfill some devilish masterplan so
obscure and unfathomable that we can merely wonder and shudder at their
fundamental evil.

Sorry to disappoint you. I'm not that kind of a conspiracy theorist,
and there's no masterplan beyond simple human nature.

After all, Public Transport will always be something that no-one wants
to use, unless they reluctantly have to as a last resort. It's only
natural that people working in/for it end up sadistically taking
advantage of this, enjoying schadenfreude over our misery, and finding
ways to increase it. We'd all do the same if we were in their shoes.

On a lighter note, have you met Boltar? I reckon you two would get on
famously.

No. Although he talks a lot of good sense about transport, on just
about everything else he's a useless piece of evil right-wing ****. I
mean, he actually thinks the recent rioters were bad guys, instead of
the plucky little heroes standing up against the bourgeois control-
freaks running the powers that be. How wrong could he get?