Old April 11th 11, 07:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Airtrack shelved

[original thread on uk.r - x-posted to utl]

On Apr 11, 8:35*pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:
[http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13042740]

Not entirely clear whether it's because BAA can't afford it, or whether
level crossing delays are an insuperable obstacle.

I've been intending to ask whether anyone's been closely following
developments on the Airtrack front for a little while - and now this
happens - most disappointing. I had wondered just how well this
project might progress, what with Philip Hammond being a local MP and
seemingly not being too keen on it - hardly an original thought I'm
sure.