Old April 13th 11, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heightened Security & Photography

In article
,
(CJB) wrote:

On Apr 12, 10:27*pm, wrote:
In article ,
() wrote:

You didn't make any mistake this member of staff did, ask for his
name and report him to LU/TFL.

The only restriction is on flash photography.

IMHO, many of them enjoy intimidating passengers in order to feel
powerful.

Too true, especially of cyclists. I had some pretty offensive
treatment from a SWT guard with my bike between Wandsworth Town and
Putney.

On the other hand last week there was a SWT guard on the train from
Feltham to Waterloo who kept passengers amused by making humorous
announcements. One of his more serious ones was that he would get
seriously upset if he caught anyone with their feet up on the
opposite
seat. He got a rousing cheer at that. When people left they thanked
him. CJB.

I think I must have travelled on his train in the past.

--
Colin Rosenstiel