Old April 14th 11, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Heightened Security & Photography

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:00:40 -0500
wrote:
He got very huffy because my bike was in the doorway which he wanted to
open the doors from at Putney, starting as the train left Wandsworth Town
(where he had used another doorway), long before he needed to get me out
of my seat to move it. He was very unpleasant about it. Taking a bike on
slow trains from Vauxhall to Putney is a bit of a pain because the side
the doors open on keeps changing from one station to the next. There are
bike spaces in class 450 trains with tip-up seats but even well into the
evening or mid-afternoon you try shifting someone sitting in one of them.

Having had the misfortune of clambouring past a couple of his-n-hers bikes
blocking a doorway on a cambridge service recently I can rather share his
frustration. If you're going to take a bike on a commuter train take a fold-up.
Large suitcases are bad enough but a bike with dirty wheel and a greasy
chain getting in your way is just taking the ****.

B2003