Old April 15th 11, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heightened Security & Photography

In article , d ()
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:17:22 +0200
Neil Williams wrote:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 04:59:25 -0500,

wrote:
in class 450s I try to get in the marked bike space but passengers
don't usually agree.

IMO tip-up seats in these areas are a bad idea. People like to sit
there; better to keep it as standing space.

I agree , ditch those daft flip up seats - and fit proper seats instead.
Commuter trains are for transporting people, not equipment. If
someone can't fit their bike in thats just tough ****. People don't
expect to fit a non folding bike on a bus so why should they expect
to fit one on a train?

And where would people in wheelchairs go? Or would you ban them from
trains too? Even commuter trains aren't just for sardines.

--
Colin Rosenstiel