Old April 17th 11, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Heightened Security & Photography

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 18:36:12 -0500,
wrote:
The experience also demonstrated how ludicrous is the blanket ban

on bikes
being carried on rail replacement services. As most of them are

provided
by coaches rather than buses there is actually plenty of space

underneath
to accommodate bikes on much the same scale as on trains.

I have seen bikes being loaded onto replacement coaches plenty of
times, and I have also heard of it on buses (rather than coaches) as
well. It just can't be guaranteed whether individual staff will
allow it or not.

Neol

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK