Old April 17th 11, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default Heightened Security & Photography

On 17/04/2011 23:02, wrote:

Do the rail replacement coaches actually use that space for any
storage? My rather limited experience of using NR replacement
coaches is that the driver normally sits in the drivers seat and
watches people struggle on with luggage, unless they are the
exception. (I try and avoid travelling when there's a replacement
service unless I really have to).

They were certainly using the space at Ely today. There was a blockade
between there and Cambridge with lots of coaches, separately provided by
FCC, NXEA and Cross Country.

They were using it at Shrewsbury when the Cambrian was closed back in
Feb as well.
That would've been an interesting one for anyone with a bike, as the
blockade was only put in place at the last minute (leading to many irate
passengers who'd planned their journey more than a week in advance and
had missed the connecting coach).