Old April 17th 11, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Heightened Security & Photography

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:20:11 -0500, wrote:
Do the rail replacement coaches actually use that space for any

storage?

I've seen the opposite of what you say - drivers insisting luggage
goes underneath.

Mind you, they can be an odd breed. I once got on one with a cup of
coffee. The driver then proceeded to have a passive-aggressive type
conversation with the dispatcher about effing cheeky passengers who
effing take effing coffee on effing coaches when they should know
better. As there was no sign to this effect, I was curious why he
didn't just ask me politely to get off and finish it before boarding
again, given that what food/drink is allowed varies somewhat between
coach operators.

As it turned out, as he didn't, the coffee was finished on board.

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK