Old February 6th 04, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Bus Routes.

In message , Kat
writes
I'm fine at showing people best routes to use on the Underground but
does anyone have any ideas about the most useful ten/twenty bus routes
to learn?
The ones I know well are, 279, 253, 29, 8 (plus 25 and other local ones)
TIA

For East-West transport across Central London I find the 11 and 9
especially useful, rather "plugging a gap" not filled by the tube.

Add the 15 and 25 to that list.

The 13 is another useful link for the same reason, from Strand/Charing
Cross/Trafalgar Square to Oxford Street. (I know that the Bakerloo
does much the same job but I often find people prefer to use the bus if
they're not familiar with London. Some might find that odd but it
allows a journey to become a sightseeing experience, too and a
surprising number of visitors have an apparent fear of going on the
Tube.)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for