Old April 19th 11, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Salmon[_5_] John Salmon[_5_] is offline

Default Mail Rail exploration

"Basil Jet" wrote
John Salmon wrote:

I personally travelled (with an organised group) from Mount Pleasant to
Whitechapel and back on the 10th March 1994 in the 14-seat 'VIP' coach. I
seem to recall we had to detrain whilst the train ran round the turning
circle at Whitechapel.

Was this part of Open House? How did you find out about it? I don't recall
it being mentioned here.

Four trips in 1994 were organised through the Branch Line Society. I think
it entailed us all joining a 'Friends of the Post Office' (or some such)
group. If your question related to the 2008 trip, I only know about it
because a friend went - I don't know how that trip was organised.