Old April 20th 11, 07:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris[_2_] Chris[_2_] is offline

Default Mail Rail exploration

On 19 Apr, 23:47, "John Salmon" wrote:
"Basil Jet" *wrote

John Salmon wrote:
I personally travelled (with an organised group) from Mount Pleasant to
Whitechapel and back on the 10th March 1994 in the 14-seat 'VIP' coach.. I
seem to recall we had to detrain whilst the train ran round the turning
circle at Whitechapel.

Was this part of Open House? How did you find out about it? I don't recall
it being mentioned here.

Four trips in 1994 were organised through the Branch Line Society. *I think
it entailed us all joining a 'Friends of the Post Office' (or some such)
group. *If your question related to the 2008 trip, I only know about it
because a friend went - I don't know how that trip was organised.

Yes, I've travelled on it as well, but my memory fades as to how long
ago it was. It was certainly earlier than 2008, and still working. We
got a trip on a Saturday, I think, before Sunday colldections started
& it was quiet.
THe VIP coach experience mentioned above rings a bell too, but we did
the full length of the line.
It was combined with a trip down Aldwych tube station....