Old April 20th 11, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default So what's going wrong with the Jubilee line?

On Apr 20, 10:02*pm, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 20/04/2011 19:39, Paul Terry wrote:

There is an enormous
shortage of engineers in the UK, mostly due to the under-funding of
Further Education and government policies to encourage youngsters to
take degrees in subjects such as tourism or media studies.

Is it? Or is it because there are non-engineering jobs open to people
with an education in engineering which can pay a lot more than
engineering businesses will, and sooner?

And provide great opportunities to engineer the economy... to
destruction.

There's more to life than getting paid oodles of cash - shame that
both engineering companies don't seem to be able to promote such a
notion, and many engineering graduates seem to reject it too... cue
some sort of vague rant about the Thatcherised and atomised 'I'm
alright Jack' attitude which, in the spirit of this thread, I'll only
make a half-arsed effort to construct.