Old April 21st 11, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Mail Rail exploration

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:48:55 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
I am sure we could debate the rights and wrongs of how the Royal Mail
are managed for a very long time. I don't know enough about the reasons
for closure of Mail Rail to understand whether it was a good or bad
decision.

Well it couldn't have been staff costs so no doubt they'd claim it was
maintenance costs. Trucks however arn't exactly cheap to maintain, insure,
tax, fuel, not forgetting the congestion charge and the pollution they cause
too. All in all , a bloody daft decision no doubt made by some short sighted
bean counter 100 miles away.

B2003