Old April 21st 11, 01:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Andy Breen Andy Breen is offline

Default What does it take to be a Transport Correspondent?

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:02:22 +0000, Peter Campbell Smith wrote:

Peter Fox wrote in
:

The use of "engine" for electric motor is unheard of.

What about winding engines in mines? I can see this thread running for
ever.

The hauler on the incline on the Bowes Railway is electric, and that gets
referred to as an engine..

--
Andy Breen, not speaking on behalf of Aberystwyth University "The
internet, that wonderful tool for bringing us into contact with things