Old April 22nd 11, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Mail Rail exploration

On 22/04/2011 16:53, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 23:10:56 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

We tried asking on an official visit, and it was made very clear that
there was not any chance at all, even when it was still operational.

In my experience it was quite easy to visit when it was operational.
The first time I went I rang in the morning and went to Mount Pleasant
in the afternoon. I went to Paddington when it was opened for an
anniversary event, MP was opened on the same occasion. I once went to
an event at the King Edward building, the old GPO HQ, when the guests
had the chance to visit the railway as well. Whilst I was pleased to
visit stations other than Mount Pleasant they all looked the same.

But did you get a ride?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK