Old April 22nd 11, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Mail Rail exploration

On 21/04/2011 10:48, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:59:19 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:35:28 +0100
Paul wrote:
condition but if Royal Mail had an ounce of sense they'd arrange a
series of visits - maybe at just one location - and then charge a decent

If the royal mail had any sense they wouldn't have closed it in the first
place.

I am sure we could debate the rights and wrongs of how the Royal Mail
are managed for a very long time. I don't know enough about the reasons
for closure of Mail Rail to understand whether it was a good or bad
decision.

From what I remember of what was said at the time, changes to mail
handling meant it went to the wrong places, not where the mail needed to
go. Extending to where it was needed was going to cost an awful lot of
money.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK