Old April 23rd 11, 10:27 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
John Rowland wrote:

That is true, the whole thing is a much bigger problem.

I've long thought that the cheapest and least disruptive way to sort the
bottleneck would be to build a flyover (I'm thinking more Chiswick than
Westway) from just after Green Lanes to New Southgate. Put all the
through traffic (or one direction) on that.
The cheapest and least disruptive way to sort the bottleneck was the one planned by the Department of Transport in the good old days before we had TfL. That plan was to divert the A406 from Bowes Road across the recreation ground behind the row of shops on the north side of the road and then curve back again into Telford Road.

I'm quite sure that eventually London will have a sensible, responsible Mayor who recognises that London's roads have to function properly and who will consequently make sure that this section of the A406 is improved accordingly. How long we have to wait for that sensible, responsible Mayor is anyone's guess.

Last edited by Robin9 : July 2nd 11 at 05:35 PM